It’s spring cleaning time here at the Morgan Homestead. I am generally a very organized person; however, due to our move in October, and life with a three-year old and a baby, some areas of our home need a bit of attention.
I spent some time this past weekend cleaning out the attic (allergic haze and all) and I got a ton of stuff out of our house! Most went to Goodwill, some went into the yard sale section of our garage, some kids items went into a box for the consignment shop, and a few items I posted on a Facebook resale page. I still have a few hours worth of work up there, but I am happy with the progress I have made thus far.
Last week I completed the following organizational tasks:
- Cleaned out the desk. I shredded what was no longer needed, and recycled the rest. (I found $17.00)!!
- Rearranged the laundry room. I re-organized our current homeschool and craft materials and put all unwanted materials into the yard sale. (I found a $35 gift card)!!
- Cleaned out and re-organized the linen closet. I put all of our unwanted sheets, and towels into donation bags.
Below are some images of our efforts while in progress.
This week I have the following items on my list:
- Pull out winter / early spring clothes from Jack’s dresser and closet. Place in designated storage tote in attic, and bring out the remaining summer items.
- Clean out and either use up, or toss, food items in kitchen cupboards (stay tuned for my meal planning blog this week – it is all about using what’s inside your cupboards).
What areas of your home could use some attention? Do you have a specific spring cleaning routine?
Happy Spring Cleaning,
The Joyful Homemaker