Back in the day, before I knew I could make my own smoothies with ease, I always had Odwalla Superfood green smoothie in my fridge. I started every day with a small glass and I loved the taste. Fast forward a bunch of years and I now own a Vitamix and I happily blend everything and anything (I don’t recommend mushrooms or onions – very gross) into my smoothies.
Below is my own version of Odwalla Superfood Green Smoothie. It has a great taste and the powdered Spirulina adds a ton of nutrients. The Spirulina gives the smoothie a dark green color.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 /2 of a handful of frozen spinach
- 1/2 of a handful of frozen kale
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Spirulina (I like Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina Powder best)
- A drizzle of local, raw honey
- Blend all ingredients in blender
The Joyful Homemaker