“Everything Under the Tuscan Sun” is a funny name for a soup, huh? In this recipe I used Tuscan sea salt. It’s a delicious blend of sea salt, rosemary, lemon peel, and garlic.
Both John and Wesley are sick and we all know sickness calls for soup and rest. I decided to whip up a batch of this soup in hopes of speeding up their healing process. It’s full of vegetable goodness in a bone broth base. You can’t go wrong.
- 6 to 8 cups of bone broth
- 2 cups of water
- About a teaspoon of garlic powder
- About a tablespoon of Tuscan sea salt (link at bottom)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, chopped roughly
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large parsnips, chopped
- 1 large handful of green beans, chopped
- 2 large, handfuls of frozen peas
- 2 handfuls of frozen, chopped kale
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of white beans
- Add broth and water to heavy bottom stock pot and bring to a boil
- Add spices
- Start chopping away
- Add everything
- Once at a rolling boil, bring down to a simmer
- Simmer until veggies are soft.
- And you’re done! 🙂
Enjoy this hearty soup. It’s delicious and easy to make. It’s the perfect soup for a winter’s day.
The Joyful Homemaker
** Tuscan Sea Salt** http://www.amazon.com/Coastal-Goods-Sarahs-Salt-Tuscan/dp/B0001X74LE/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1424963488&sr=1-1&keywords=tuscan+sea+salt