February is my favorite month for crafting. I enjoy the over abundance of pink and red heart crafts, the neatly folded letters of love to family and friends, and sweet adornments made by little hands.
This small, hanging bird feeder is easy (and tasty) for the little ones. You may even have all the necessary items on hand.
- Pipe cleaners (we used red and pink)
- Cheerios or other ring-shaped cereal
- Pretty string or yarn
- Have the children make a heart shape with their pipe cleaner
- Fill the pipe cleaner with cereal
- When full, twist closed the two ends of the pipe cleaner
- Tie ribbon, yarn, or string
- Hang outside for the birds to enjoy
The Joyful Homemaker