Scrambled eggs with kale and bacon were on our menu plan for this morning, and of course I made the bacon, BUT I woke and wanted to upgrade the scrambled eggs to an omelet. I decided on a tomato, feta, and kale omelet. This one is easy, healthy, and delicious. It takes no time to whip up this breakfast.
- 1 egg
- 1 Roma tomato (or a few grape tomatoes diced)
- A handful of kale (I used frozen)
- As much crumbled feta as desired. I LOVE Mt. Vikos (IMO, it is the best)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, butter, or Ghee for the pan
- Put pan with desired oil on stove.
- Whisk egg and pour into warm pan.
- Once it starts to become less runny, put in tomatoes, feta, and kale (you can use spinach as well)
- Once it starts to firm up nicely, flip one and fold in half.
- Cook and then flip once. Continue to cook until done.
This omelet is basically a healthy, restaurant quality omelet. Pair with whatever fruits you like. We choose mango and blueberries.
The Joyful Homemaker