While I don’t consider peanut butter cups, “real food,” we must have desserts every once in a while! 🙂
I found this recipe when searching for something yummy to make:
http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/2013/05/homemade-protein-packed-peanut-butter-cups-healthy-easy-sugar-free.html, on the Humbled Homemaker’s Blog, thehumbledhomemaker.com.
With a bit of tweaking, this gems came out awesome! My husband did say they taste a bit “coconut-ish,” so next time I will use refined coconut oil. Additionally, the stevia leaves an aftertaste that everyone (four adults) noticed. I swapped the protein powder for PB2 (powdered peanut butter). We were all thoroughly impressed with this healthier version of peanut butter cups.
- 4 Tablespoons of melted, extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of Pb2 powder
- 2 packets of Stevia
- Mix everything together
- Pour into molds (I used small Tupperware containers because I had nothing else on hand)
- Freeze (mine were in overnight)
- Pop out of mold and eat immediately, these melt super quickly
The above recipe is all it takes to have a healthier peanut butter cup. They are pretty delicious. Thank you to The Humbled Homemaker http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/ for a great recipe!
The Joyful Homemaker