Easy chicken veggie bake is one of my go to recipes when I need something quick and easy. I LOVE one-pot meals because you often use leftovers and fresh ingredients, plus you get everything you need in one dish.
I often make this after we have baked chicken and I need to make stock. This dish is versatile and pretty much anything can be added. I mix it up depending on what we have in the fridge. My mom grabbed me some mark down zucchini at the market in town, so I have a few and I love adding zucchini to this dish. I also had leftover broccoli and I always have plenty of carrots.
- Baked chicken diced
- 1 cup rice of choice (I prefer white for this recipe – for speed purposes instant is a good choice)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- About 1 cup of cooked broccoli
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, or bread crumb topping (optional – I omit both but reserve cheese on the side for John and Jack)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook rice per instructions.
- Chop carrot and zucchini, steam quickly or sauté on stove until cooked.
- Dice cooked chicken .
- When rice and veggies are done, add to baking dish with rice, chicken, and sauce.
- Mix together.
- Bake at 350 for roughly 20 minutes.
- Everything is cooked so it simply needs to heat through.
- (Optional) top with cheese of choice for last five minutes of baking.
It’s super quick and easy to make, and to adapt this recipe to dietary needs. We have this once every other week or so.
The Joyful Homemaker